Wireless on Presario R3000 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So reformatting a friends old laptop, did a fresh XP install and updates. All drivers for the R3000 installed as well. It was connecting before the reformat and worked for about 10 minutes after the install. However, once I plugged in the LAN cable and went that way for a while wireless has stopped working altogether. Now it doesn't detect any wireless signals at all. I know there are atleast three that it should be picking up from anywhere in the house.

When I go to the broadcom wireless utility and to "add" a connections there is nothing identified. I know my router is working fine.

The network adapter is a broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers but no change. I've also reset the router to default settings....again nothing.

Any ideas where I should start? I don't have any other wireless devices around.

Hello,

Make sure you've downloaded the latest wireless driver from the HP support website.

Have you tried just using the Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration utility to search for and connect to available networks, instead of using the Broadcom Wireless utility?

Yup, no change....gave up and got a usb wireless adapter for $20. works fine now, don't have time to kill myself on this if there is a cheap fix :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom