Wireless PCI Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerman2701

Solid State Member
Alright i just got a new hard drive in my computer and i had linksys networking wireless internt on it now i dont have that software any more and i cant connect to the internet the light at the back where the antenna is a light and before it light up now it wont can the bulb be burnt out or is that a signal that im not getting any internt please help me set it up i tried everything o and i instlled a 40 gb western digitl hd and it only reconizes no more than 2 gb why is that

Is the wireless utility installed?

What OS are you running? System specs please.

oh, damn. 98? Your going to have some difficulty getting it to work on a 98 machine. Is there a specific reason you went to 98? Why not XP or 2000? Preferably XP, but both are better than 98.

deerman2701 said:
i instlled a 40 gb western digitl hd and it only reconizes no more than 2 gb why is that

Did you FDISK the drive? You have to enable Large Disk Support. FAT I believe dosent support anything over 32 gigs, although I could be wrong.

ouch. To tell you the truth, if you get wireless to work on there, it will never work good. If at all.

I've had wireless working on 98. If you don't have the software any more you can probably download it from the manufacturers website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom