Wireless PC Networking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperman5000

In Runtime
OK, I have a wireless card for my PC and it has worked before. I came home from school, and now it doesn't work. I've tried reseting the router, but to no avail. I can connect to other people's routers, but still not mine. It sends out packets, but does not receive them at all. I'm all out of ideas.

If you don't know which one it is, chances are it is DHCP, but if you want to double check...

Start=>Control Panel (Classic View)=>Network Connections.

Right click on your Wireless Network Connection and select properties. Click on TCP/IP and select properties. It will tell you there.

If you don't know which one it is, chances are it is DHCP, but if you want to double check...

Start=>Control Panel (Classic View)=>Network Connections.

Right click on your Wireless Network Connection and select properties. Click on TCP/IP and select properties. It will tell you there.

It is definatly the problem of your router which is not able to assign ip address to your computer. Probably your dhcp is disable some how.

check your IP address it shouldn't be starting with 169.x.x.x if it is so you need to check your router. also check property of your wireless card as mentioned.

It is seems the problem of your router being not be able to assign IP address

Does your wireless card see the router? Can other computers connect to the router? are you getting an ip address from the router?

Time to update your sig. Henry is Gone. Go United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom