Wireless Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbc

Baseband Member
Hi,
I am deciding on which wireless router I should get, since I am not very familiar with wireless hardwares. Please give me some advice:
microsoft mn700
Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
D-Link - DI-624
Also will there be a difference between an USB adapter and PCI adapter? If so, can anyone recommend which type of adapter I should get and what brand?

Thanks in advance!

I'd go with one of these two:
Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
D-Link - DI-624
I have seen many problem related posts with Microsoft's networking hardware.

USB and PCI devices may perform in the same manner to the typical user but these types of devices are totally different. Are you thinking about which kind of networking card to buy (PCI Card vs. USB adapter?)
The PCI card will require someone to open the PC and insert the card into a slot. A USB networking device will simply require you to plug it into a USB port on the back or from of your PC.
USB would require a free USB port and the PCI card will need a free slot in your PC. I would personally recommend the PCI device.

-Mike

Hi Moderator,
Thanks for the reply, Can you tell me what are the problems with the microsoft router? As the reason I am thinking of Microsoft is because I am getting a deal wich is about the half price of the linksys and d-link!
As for the adapter, I feel that USB may be more portable, so I don't have to open the case and take out the PCI card everytime if I want to connect to another computer! But if the PCI would reach higher speed than USB (I am using USN 2.0) than I will choose a PCI card instead! and yes please recomment some adapters for me as well!
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom