Wireless: "No wireless network were found in range"

Status
Not open for further replies.

minh07

Beta member
Hi all,

So here's the scenario. My girlfriend's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite M55-S3512 used to work very well, until yesterday...

We have a wireless connection at home, and also on campus. And I know that for sure because her laptop used to be able to pick up the signal. However, since yesterday, the wireless network connection from Windows XP SP2 said that "No wireless network were found in range" even though I have a wireless network and I click refresh every time.

The little icon of wireless connection in the system tray have a cross on it, yet I'm using the Internet to write this post right now. Since I know my school broadcast's ID, I can add it in manually in the network list. Otherwise, it wouldn't detect and connect automatically anymore.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Is another program controlling your wireless connection?? Like an Intel prog or summin like that?

Bruce: It's Windows that controls my wireless card. I tried Intel Pro program but it said no adapter is installed.

W.M.: Yes, if I go to advance and manually add the network, it would connect. But it would disappear everytime I go back in there. Before, any network that I added in would stay in. However, it seems like Windows is starting to "automatically clear" my network list ...

im having this same problem
however, I tried restarting the zero wireless config service and even uninstalling and re-installing the wireless adapter and manually enter my SSID for my home network but nothings working

my wireless router is working fine and I even reset it and loaded up my backup config for it.....the other computers that are connected to it(wired) work just fine

I have a dell inspiron 9200

ok I was finally able to connect by manually adding the ssid and NO security on my wireless router...now thats a nono

its still coming up wireless networks not in range :(

well I just backed up my files and re-installed XP
I know its not the solution but I started to pull some hair out of my head lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom