Wireless Networking Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pv1yang

Solid State Member
Alright smart guys, help me with this problem:

Conditions: I have a wireless Motorola WR850G Router (802.11g), two USB pen-drive adapters (both 802.11g), and two computers, one running Windows XP Home and the other running Windows XP Proffessional. One of the computers is hooked up to the internet through a cable connection (cable modem).

Problems: I cannot share the cable internet connection. It might be a problem that the computer with the cable connection is running Windows XP Home Edition (from now on this computer will be referred to as Computer A) and the other computer has Windows XP Proffessional (from now on referred to as Computer B). Computer A can detect that there is a wireless network in range but computer B cannot (and it tells me that I should turn the wireless switch on) but both can connect to the wireless hub. I have been able to access the shared files of Computer B from Computer A but that's as far as I can go. I've tried bridging the wireless LAN and the cable connection on Computer A but it doesn't work.

Standards: Please help me establish a shared connection. If possible, I don't want to have to buy more equipment than I already have.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

connect the modem to the router, setup the router with info from your isp....or the settings on comp a. set both pcs to pull their addresses from dhcp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom