wireless networking help plz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanrs

Baseband Member
i have a linksys wireless router, and i have 1 pc (constantly on for personal use) and 3 laptops..

they all individually use the router to connect to the internet..

how do i set them up so as i can see each computer in 'My Network Places' ?? basically so i can access the files on the other computers..

the only way i can send a file thru wireless from 1 computer to another at the moment ,is by using MSN ?!

any help please :D

thanx

Run the Setup A Network Wizard or something like that. (At least that's what several other people will say)

You will want to make sure that they are all in the same workgroup and that they all have file and print sharing enabled.

Make sure all PCs are on the same WORKGROUP (something easy like 'NET' works fine)

Below will set up one drive to shared to one other computer, repeat as much as necessary to get all drives shared and to be able to see all drives on all computers.

1) Select a drive to shared, right click it
2) Click Sharing and Security
3) Click through all the info until you are allowed to select a drive (with a checkbox) to be shared, and choose a name for it
4) Check 'Allow network users to change my files' to be able to overwrite files, etc
5) Click Apply, Click Ok
6) On one of your other PCs, right click on My Computer
7) Click Map Network Drive
8) Select a drive letter for the network drive, and then browse to it. It will create a permanent link to that drive whenever you are on your wireless network

Wicked! thanx for your help.. works perfect..

used TightVNC to remote set them all up too, cos im lazy :p lol

cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom