Wireless network @ work problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

komox

Beta member
Hello all, I have come across an annoying problem with our wireless network at work and hoping someone here may be kind enough to enlighten me. Right here goes...

Down stairs there are 3 access points (D-link Wirless G hubs) and are connected to the network. They are all called the same thing in the SID and the security is WEP128. But heres the problem.

The building is 6 rooms long and there is a wireless hub in every second room. The idea is when you walk though the rooms with a laptop it connect the the wireless hub with the strongest signal. But it only works sometimes...

This is causing a bit of a headache for my colleagues. Sometimes it works well, but not all the time. For example it will connect to a wireless hub and will not move on to the next one even if it loses signal strength.

Is there some sort of wireless roaming 3rd party software I can use, or maybe the hubs or laptops aren't configured properly?

Ideas and suggestions will be fantastic

Thanks for your help and time in advance.

May want to make sure that they are all on different frequencies (channels). like 9, 5 and 1 would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom