Wireless Network --- Still Can Not Aquire IP Address (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
In realation to my previous thread, 2 problems that i am have having right now.

1. My Lenovo Netbook S10 has the same problem in that it detects the wireless network, but does not want to aquire an IP address.

2. While moving power cables around my appartment, I bumped my DWL-G122 802.11G USB Adaptor. It became unconnected. Now I am having the same problem where i can not aquire an IP address.

I tried swapping back to my DWA-140 USB 802.11n, and I am noticing same behavour where it will not aquire a network address. I am currently convinced that there is nothing wrong with my DWA-140 USB adaptor.

However for some strange reason, my MSI laptop as no problem connecting to this router. Any seggestions.

[EDIT] I have updated the drivers for the USB Adaptors and there is no change[/url]

It sure sounds like you are entering the password wrong harps. Or you have mac address filtering on and haven't entered them into the table. Are you running the latest firmware for the router? Have you reset the router and started over?

It sure sounds like you are entering the password wrong harps.
No

Or you have mac address filtering on and haven't entered them into the table.
No.

Are you running the latest firmware for the router?
Yes.

Have you reset the router and started over?
I have reset the router a few time all ready.

I am temped to remove DHPC from the router and set up the network in a fashion where every one needs to have a IP Address. I will look into this in about 24 hours times as I really do not feel like doing any thing involving my apartment, moving house or work today.

I was thinking that it might be a faulty AP on the router, however if this was the case, then how come my laptop as no problems connecting.

Did you tried to set static IP address to your laptop and then connect to the AP ?
if with static IP address still there is problem,
most probably your wep is wrong, or there is scurity blockage....

The only thing I can suggest is a complete reset of everything that can be reset. Uninstall the USB Adaptors drivers (both of them), unplug the Adaptor, shutdown everything (including the router).
What I'm trying to do is recreate the situation BEFORE you swapped the DWA for the DWL.

Startup the router, start the computer, plug the DWL in, install the drivers.

Did you tried to set static IP address to your laptop and then connect to the AP ?
if with static IP address still there is problem,
most probably your wep is wrong, or there is scurity blockage....

Under the static IP Address, I will connect briefly, and then disconnect. And then it goes into a endless loop where it will connect and disconnect. Friend of mine was suggesting that I change from WEP to some thing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom