Wireless network setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

efd753

In Runtime
hi i would i wireless network but dotn want the hassel of playign online through 1. So here my set up.

Dsl > Computer > Wireless Network

I want my computer as a extra fire wall. can this setup be done if so how

Thxs for the help.

k i want to get my dsl line to my computer.
then use a second network card conect my computer to mt router.

instead of conecting my dsl to my router i want my computer to be the fisrt to recive the dsl signal.

i want to do this cuase i dotn wnat to play online thourgh the wiereless router

Anybody can help?

Your DSL line goes into the external DSL modem and from that into your computers network card. The computer now has the internet. If you want other computers to have connection to that computer and its internet, I would advice you buy a second network card for the machine and connect it that way ignoring the router...

The second card can be wired if you want fast rates or a wireless if you want the mobility. For example, I have a computer which receives the internet via my broadband modem, has a second network card which connects to the hub communicating with another two computers and has a USB wireless adapter to feed my powerbook. The router is mainly for splitting that internet connection directly to several computers.

thx man so it can be done i have computer a fire wall or server liek in your guide and then connect the wireless router to that.
thxs man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom