Wireless network router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatproofjimmy

Solid State Member
Ok, i just got telewest broadband, its 10 meg and it dosent cum threw the phone line. Its a thick white round cable (abit like a tv ariel cable). It the plugs into a modem they gave me, a white one, which then you are surposed to connect into your pc via erthernet and or usb. But, the problem is, im on a wireless network sharing between 2 computers. At the moment i am still using aol till the end of the month and that cums straight from the phone line, which then plugs into my router. I have a belkin wireless router (Belkin Wireless ADSL Router) and the new broadband i have (telewest) will not plug into the router. What router do i need? and do i have to plug the cable i get my internet from into the modem then into the router or straight into the router, if the router is a moden as well??? Cud sum1 recomend a router i need, and also ive got a belkin wireless adapter which is a pci card with a areil on it to pick up the signal, is that ok to use still? Thanks for the help, means loads cheers james

Give us the model of the modem and the Belkin router so we can have a better look at it. Telewest seems like a cable company, so you are using Cable Internet, so yea you need the modem.

Why can't you plug the router to the modem? The modem should have an rj45 port and the router should have an rj45 for the WAN or not?

why not try using your old router as a wireless network access point? as then you can just use the cable router that you were given by telewest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom