Wireless Network Problems/Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmccc

Solid State Member
Hello,
I recently hooked up 1 wireless Linksys router and 2 wireless Linksys PCI adapters into two of my desktop computers operating on Windows XP Home (PC#1) and Windows XP Pro (PC#2).

*NOTE: I'm not currently trying to use the network for internet connection sharing. I'm currently using it for File and Printer sharing!*

I can get both computers to connect to and see the network. I have enabled file/folder/printer sharing on both computers and they can ping each other successfully.

There are two problems I am having:
1. One computer (PC#2) only connects to the network if I right click the icon in Network Connections and choose the option Repair. Then it will connect to the network, but here is where the second problem occurs...

2. When I try to transfer files between the two computers over the network, it knocks one computer (PC#2) off the network and says "connection unavailable" in in notification area on my taskbar. It also does not automatically reconnect itself to the network...

I hope all of this makes sense!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

p.s.-I have not changed any of the routers default settings and I have not enabled any security or encryption... I was waiting until I get it working first.

Are you using DHCP? If so disable it and assign them each their own static IP. See if that solves the issue of one bumping the other off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom