Wireless Network Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithryndil

In Runtime
I am having issues setting up a wireless network. I have gone through the process of setting up a Wireless Network Name and a password. When I try to connect to this network on another computer I enter in the password. The wireless adapter then will connect and then disconnect before a network address can be acquired. The Wireless Security Method is: WPA Personal

I am using this adapter:
Newegg.com - Zonet ZEW2500P IEEE 802.11b/g MINI USB / USB 2.0 802.11g 54Mbps Wireless Adapter Up to 54Mbps Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP, WPA - Wireless Adapters

and this router:

Newegg.com - LINKSYS WRT54GL IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless-G Broadband Router - Wireless Routers

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Well after redoing the passwords, everything seems to be working now...My router is currently connected to my computer. Am I correct in assuming I can disconnect it from my computer and move my router and modem to a more convenient spot? Right now I have a cable running across my floor from the cable outlet to my modem.

I believe you are correct, my first suggestion would have been to recheck your password. If it recognizes the network and attempts to connect but doesn't go any further 9 out of 10 times it is a security related issue - meaning you've entered the wrong criteria.

Yes you can dissconnect the devices and move them if needed. Keep in mind your wireless profile is PER COMPUTER, so if you move the adapter to another computer you will need to re-enter all needed information.

Yeah, thanks. It doesn't make sense why it wasn't working. Both passwords were the same, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom