wireless network help

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i have a dell inspiration b130 laptop with a mini-pci 1370 internal wireless card. i have a dell laptop with built in wireless but when i connect to my home's wireless network, it always says limited or no connectivity. i have another laptop and it works fine when i connect to my wireless network. the signal strength is 90% and it says very good. the speed is 54mbps. i do not understand why my laptop says limited or no connectivity.

Why didn't you post this in the right section? This is the off topic.

Make sure you have a compatible wireless card that matches the same specification as your router. Common specifications are 802.11b/g.

Limited or no connectivity usually indicates a security issue where the wireless card can't communicate with the wireless router or AP when it broadcast a DHCP request. You should leave turn off your security features and try again. ItÂ’s a good idea to disable all the security features when troubleshooting wireless connection, when you get connected, then you can enable it one by one. Reboot the router is a good idea also after making changes. Make sure also that the DHCP server is enable and has enough IP address to give out.

Should have one of the Mod at the section move it to the networking section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom