Wireless network card on a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
so will that battery work? my battery is 4000mAH and the replacement is 4400mAH. Other than that its the same battery.

As long as it is the same battery otherwise, then it should be fine. The difference in mAH is the batteries capacity, which equates to longer run time off the charger. Also, you will want to make sure the voltages of the batteries are the same, and it might not hurt to email Alienware (as a precaution) to ensure compatability.

I did e-mail them and they gave me that link so I was just making sure that the different mAH didn't mean anything major.

it don't hurt the laptop when you take out the wireless card and put it back in while the laptop is on does it?

big problem guys, umm I don't see a spot to put a battery for the cmos and I don't see a cmos battery.

I know what they look like and I had my whole computer apart already and didn't see that anywhere.

Have you ever considered, (and I know this may sound like an insane plan) buying something that actually works to start with? Some things are very risky when purchased used and laptops are high on that list. Once again, cut your losses and trash the thing. By the time you buy a new battery and a new wireless card you have invested more money in it than it's probably worth AND it still might be a brick.

I am not replacing the wireless. I might only replace the keyboard and then sell it. I only bought it used cause the only thing wrong was the battery and I thought the battery would be about $50.00. Anyway that person Lied to me. This laptop is still better then most for $400.00. Anyway I get 130FPS in CS:S on my desktop with the evga geforce 7600gt and on this laptop with the ati radeon 9000 64mb I get 55FPS which isn't much of a difference. I can't really tell a difference except that there is a little lag. NFS: carbon lagged on my desktop but on my laptop it runs fine.

If I could play Need For Speed Pro Street on this laptop I would probably keep it.

You will never guess what just happened. The Shift and spacebar just went. I ordered a new keyboard yesterday and by the time it gets to my house this keyboard won't be working at all.

I thought that the cmos had its own partition on the laptop battery. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom