wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekgnr

Baseband Member
I have a wireless network connection. 1 computer is wired to the router and the other is wireless. On the computer that is wired to the router, it says the signal strength is low. I don't understand if that means the wired or wireless computer. The wired computer doesn't need a wireless card right?

It sounds like the wired comp has a wireless card in it.
Hold you cursor over it, if it is a wireless connection it will say wireless connection (name of concection).
If you do indeed have a wireless connection the you should probably disable it if you are using a wire.

Yeah the wired computer has a wireless card in it and yeah it says a wireless connection. If I disable it would that mess up the other wireless computer?

you could just take out the wireless card cuz you dont need it at all it really serves no purpose probly the reason it says the signal is low is cuz your router is probly on top of the case or sumthin like that but just yank that pci card out or disable it'll be fine. btw all i just set up a wireless network with comcast high speed cable internet after 7 years of hellish peoplepc (parents idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom