Wireless Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm thinking now. The router is working, because it's assigning an address and responded to pings. I've got a few questions for you now.

1. Is this cable or DSL that you're using? Doesn't really matter, just want to use the correct terms.

2. How are you connecting to do these posts? Is the computer your using hardwired to the router, or are you connecting directly to the modem? Or are you connecting some other way to reply back to us?

3. What is your operating system? I'm guessing XP, but want to make sure.

4. When you connect the router to the modem, are you connecting the modem to the WAN port on the router, or a LAN port? You should be using the WAN port, if you're not.

Hi there, thanks for your interest.

I'm using my ethernet router to connect to the internet currently but the problem is with my wireless connection.

It was working before I started this thread but now it somehow is not. I remember before I had an "internet gateway" and now I do not. I must've accidentally changed some settings or something like that because now it doesn't work :(

I'm using dsl to connect to the internet.

My OS is Windows XP (good guess :p) Home Edition

And yea, the modem is connected correctly to the router, I'm confident of that much.

I think the problem is just how do I re-establish an internet gateway. I have tried internet connection wizard and that doesnt work. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom