Wireless Netgear base station and Access Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksideflux

Beta member
This issue has been making my life hard for a few weeks now. Its a networking job so my client is getting a bit impatiant. The idea is simple and i know it will work. However getting it to workin is another story it seems.

we have a radio that is boadcasting to another point A and B. point A is connecting to a Netgear 3600 which in turn is on the modem. The other radio is online and connected to a netgear 3300. After setting either the Point A or B main router as a base station. Then setting up the other 2 3400 and a 3300 as APs. I am unable to log into them and then after that if i can get in the APs are not providing a IP. I have set all the APs and Base station to station 11. All set to the same transfer rate and long preamble.

Point A Main is set as 192.168.1.1

Point B on is 192.168.3.1

Radios are of course set for 192.168.2.1

The issue only occurs in the AP's. I set the MAC of the APs into the Base and the MAC of the Base into the APs. I have tried turning off DHCP on the APs, Setting a range of DHCP outside the base and APs gateways as well, Then configured them all to a differnt IP address ex: 192.168.x.x

None of theser attempts and forums that i have found show or ressolve this issue. The goal is to set 2 routers in the house to extend the point A area network. Then to setup Point B to set routers as APs in order to provide access from other points. This building for B is like a small warehouse. alot of metal and thick wood. Wireing through it is something we want to avoid. Also setting up wireless points provides a even wireless all around. I know you are wondering why we dont use a rangemax that has long distance. A. The walls are to thick and B. we already had these routers to setup.

All the routers are able to use WDS and can be used as APs or Base stations.

Can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong? remember the base station is the only one plugged in. the rest will run only wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom