Wireless N Bridge help Trendnet TEW-640MB - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Wireless N Bridge help Trendnet TEW-640MB

I have a home network set up with about 5-7 computers using my network goes: modem--->Netgear WNDR3400v2---{2computers hardline, 1computer Netgear wireless WmCE2001, 1 wireless laptop, 1-2 wireless Trendnet TEW-640MB} Previously all was fine I could pass files from one computer and back no problems other than some bottle necking from all the transfers. I built a new computer and played switch-a-roo with my New [A], Old [B] and Media box [C] (upgrading down the row). Everyone is happy and fine except the computer [B]. When I restart the TEW-640 every one can use the internet, download off the internet fine. But when I try to transfer files back and forth the TEW kicks its self off line and allows no communication to it (like connecting to the interface via ip). There was no issue until the computers got moved, and this a feature I use very regularly to watch videos and the TEW is what give my computer workbench its internet. Anyone know why the TEW is suddenly kicking offline?

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I can stream media from computer B from computer A, but I cannot retrieve old files from computer B with computer A (C is not currently hooked up to avoid possible interference and confusion)

Intel i5 3570k 3.5 quad | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 mobo
Cosair XMS3 2x4GB 1333MHz DDR3 | EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GB DDR5
Corsair 700w PSU | Western Digital Blue Cavier 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA II | Windows 7 Home Premium x64
bentobaku is offline   Reply With Quote