Wireless modem and Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

David1108

Beta member
Hi there
I hope someone can help me to fix my computer to make it do what I like it to. I do know how to put parts in and load software so that is good. What I need help with please is to take a phone line wire that is running all the time into a Belkin G wireless Modem Router, then run that to a Netgear N150 Wireless Router. Now here is what I have done to date.

I tryed to use the Netgear N150 Wireless Router and I take the phone wire to the router and pluged a wire into the back of the computer. The phone line was not working and it made a noise something like a old police car. So I have get a Modem which is the Belkin G wireless Modem Router and I put the wires in the right holds. Still does not want to work, so I plug my phone line into the computer and turn it on. I can not get onto the internet, so I go into control panel and click on network connections I see that the lan or highspeed internet are lighting up only. I have had to go back to a old talktalk Sagem which works on a USB cable as I can get into the internet with it. I would like to put my phone line into the modem then the router then the computer so I can make a wireless network. Ok that helps you understand what I am doing and here is what I am using.
I am using a ACER Aspire with Windows XP with SP3 and 1GB memory and I do have slots that are free. I run AVG internet Security 2012, CCleaner, skype and Ecolink. Any qiuestions do ask and I try to anwer them or do what you what me to do.
Thanks.
David.

phone cord goes into a modem. If you are on DSL, your ISP would give you one.

From the modem, you can then run a Router if you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom