Wireless Laptop Network Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobkon

Baseband Member
Hey all, I just recently added my wireless laptop to my network. Its running off the wireless router and sees all the computers in the network, but when I try to access another computer or I try to access the laptop from another computer, I get the error

"\\Compaq is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found"

Thats what I get. I am the so called administrator, and im not sure what to do. any ideas? By the way, the laptop does use a WEP Key to access the router since it is encrypted, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Thanks alot!

WEP won't matter, because all it does is encrypt what is being transferred. But you should try disabling any firewalls and see if that is the problem. If you disable your firewall then it works then enter any IP's that you have on your network in the firewall's exception list. Once that is done then enable you firewall again. I have found that when I get that error it is because my firewalls are blocking access...especially being that you can see other computers on the network

I also get this soemtimes, at first i was sure it was jsut range/obstruction, so i bought an antenna and now it gets very good/excellent....however there still are times it will wuss off on me and give me that error, im going to check the firewall thing right now and ill post what i get.
---------------------------
my firewall shouldnt be interfering, both the MS firewall, and my routers are fine. i dont really have an answer for this one. sorry.

On the windows firewall, try setting it to any computer instead of my network(subnet), that has caused me a few problems here at work.

Cody said:
On the windows firewall, try setting it to any computer instead of my network(subnet), that has caused me a few problems here at work.

Where do I do this? I couldnt find where to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom