Wireless and LAN help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
Hey guys... i just installed a wireless router today. Works great. The only problem i'im having now is that i'm on two different networks and I want to be on one. Heres the setup:

DSL Modem/router (2wire homeportal) -> Router -> PC #1

PC#2 has D-Link phoneline network adapter which comes from the Homeportal.

Laptop 1 and 2 connected through wireless router. One with pcmcia card and the other with a built in adapter.

Now, when i go into my homeportal screen, it shows PC#2 and then the wireless router. It does NOT show the other 3 computers (pc#1 and the two laptops). I would like to have this all setup as one network... how can I do that? I really need this to work because that is one of the main reasons for doing this so that the laptops could join on to the EXISTINg network wirelessly. I made a post here earlier and did exactly as was told. Now i've got 2 separate networks.:mad:

EDIT: If I go to the wireless router's screen, I can see the other three computers connected.

RE

Hey i jus bought a linksys router and i have the 2wire homeportal also, i am just going to connect my new linksys router to the out put ethernet from the back of my 2wire. I am going to disable ALL wireless connectinons from the 2 wire and have ALL my computers connect to the Linksys wireless signal. It will ask you what wireless signal you want to connect to. If you disbale the wireeless signal in the settings then it wont even bring up anything about a 2 wire router. It will only find a linksys network and you will connect to that. Thats my game plan at least...any further questions IM me at Daws202 on AIM.

your confused. First off, the homeportal doesn't even give off wireless connection, so that can't be disabled. Again, heres the problem. I have ONE network with the homeportal and then the router creates another network, NUMBER TWO.

I need ONE network. I dont want to buy any more hardware because that pretty much defeats the purpose. I already have a network, now i just want the two laptops to JOIN the EXISITNG homeportal network WIRELESSLY with the router i bought since the homeportal doesn't have built-in wireless.

Just highlight both connections, right click one of them, and click bridge connections

UPDATE

Dude are you freakin dumb? the Homeportal EMITS a wireless signal, trust me ive had it for about 2 years and all my computers are connected wirelessly! I have the homeportal 1000SW, Next time to avoid confusion, yes YOUR the confused one who wrote the post, not me, why dont you include your Homeportal or Device specs, instead of just saying the homeportal... that may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom