Wireless and Lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashar

Banned
It starts out like this. my dad wants to keep the LAN but i want wireless so i can go around the house with my laptop and get internet. i was wondering. if i take a LAN cable from one router to another that was wireless, and my laptop had a cooperative wireless adapter, could i get internet access on it?

I'm not really sure what you are asking...
Do you want to have 2 routers?? 1 wireless and 1 wired?
If so...this is possible. Do you want to have just the wireless router would both wired and wireless clients on the same LAN? If so, then this is possible also....Can you provide more detail?

-Mike

If what Mike said is the case, you can just use the wireless router instead of daisy chaining them together IF your wireless router has ethernet ports on the back in addition to the antenna(s).

u see this is the deal.... we have the DSL modem downstairs beside my dad's computer. the modem is connected to a WIRED router. then we have a ethernet cable that comes upstairs into my room, where i have a hubb. now what i want to do is take out that hubb and in its place put a WIRELESS router. then i want to buy a notebook adapter so i can go online with my laptop around the house. my question is, will this work. OR. i just thought of this, can i buy a WIRELESS router with 4 ports in the back, and put that in place of my dad's router downstairs, will that work?

Just buy a a wireless router with ports and pop your DSL and dads computer into it and grab yourself a wireless NIC and your set.

or just replace your hub (in your room) with a WAP. just another idea for you.

depending on the size of your house, you might need a booster as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom