wireless internet help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinytina

Beta member
okay, this xmas i got a toshiba satellite pro 4300 series laptop to use at college etc...

it has 40 gig harddrive and 192 ram (i dont no wat that means but i thought it might help whoever decides to help me!)

im gettin th internet connected at home for it and i understand that i need to get a wireless router like a belkin brand but i was told i may need a card that is inserted into my laptop?? is this true?? an wat r they called??

many thnx

p.s. how would i connect all of these??

thnx
xxx

it depends on if your laptop has build in wireless or not. If it dont, then you need to get a card and a wireless router. if you want to do the cheap way, get a router and a network cable. Get a linksys, not a dlink.

Look and see if there is a picture of an antenna on your F2 button, that normally idicates if you have an internal card or not. I dont want to start a flame war or anything, but I personally think that you should avoid linksys products, mainly their router, but that wireless cards work great. I personally pefer D-link and they have the best technical support going as far as technical support goes. Let us know if you get everything up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom