wireless interent connection keeps dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgarmaise

Beta member
hi... I took my wireless laptop to Johannesburg and Doha; had no problems connecting there. Since I got back (Pattaya, Thailand), my laptop connection to my home network keeps dropping. It worked fine before. I have two desktops, both connecting to the Intenet via a D-Link DSL router. The laptop normally connects to the router wirelessly. I have searched high and low for a solution. In event viewer I get various event ID warning messages, including 2504, 1007, 1003 and 1004. Can anyone help?

maybe somethin to do with the channel? some1 might be able to give more info as i anit got time, but i will check back

Ummm for a test use it right next to your wireless router for an hour or so to see if it still drops. If it does uninstall the card and reinstall. If it still keeps dropping it is the card.

I have the same question, and can't find anything about it in D-Link.

When I go to work, Panera, a hotel, etc. - the connection is great. However, at home, the connection keeps dropping. Happens to me and both of the kids (we have 3 laptops).

This would lead me to think that the router is bad (it's an N). However, I take it back to Radio Shack where I bought it (with an extended warranty too) and they say since it works intermittently, it works...it just has to be reset all the time.

I spent enough time in an auto service department as a service advisor to know that if we couldn't duplicate the concern, we can't fix it or verify a warranty claim. Any thoughts on WHY this thing keeps dropping???

Thanks!!

Z

In my case, the problem (apparently) was a faulty wireless network adaptor (card) in my laptop. I had it disabled and replaced with another wireless network adaptor that plugs into a USB port. Everything works fine now, and I even have a faster connection speed. (I could have an even faster connection speed if I updated my wireless router.) That my original wireless network card might not be working right makes sense to me because I have found the wireless function on my (Acer) laptop to be rather fickle, almost from the start...

(I had a computer techie come in and fix the problem. In Thailand, doing that is cheap!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom