Wireless home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryColeman

Solid State Member
I just got dsl set up at my house and I would like to set it up on multiple computers. I want to get wireless but I know little about which brands/equipment to choose. I am looking for a cheap wireless router that will keep a strong signal throughout my whole (average sized) house.

Will this linksys be good enough?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124010

I have also been looking at various other brands but linksys seems to be the best choice from the other threads.

If this won't work well or if you know of one that is cheaper, then let me know!

Also, if you have an opinion on wireless pc cards, I will also need one of those.

Thanks for the advice!

I use a D-Link wireless routor and it works really well. Do you also want to use printer sharing?

linksys is one of the best out there. def go with that or netgear. thats a pretty good router that you picked out if you want you should go with that. but just protect it cause thatll have enough range to go to ur neighbors.

In my opinion go with D-Link. They are great. Do not go with Netgear, they are crap. Linksys I have had too many problems with, but it seems a lot enjoy them.

funny i used to have dlink which is the cheapest brand out of the 3 before it started not giving a wireless signal when im 2 ft away from it then just randomly kicks in an hour later. i use a netgear travel router which really isnt even a wireless router just a transmitter since it only has one port being the size of a deck of cards and all. but its trasmitting a singal from top to bottom and to my neighbors with no problems at all. it does heat up pretty easily but i havent seen a performance difference in it at all. and linksys is one the best routers out there sooo yeah.

Yeah.... wireless hardware is very diverse. I don't think any 2 people can get the same performance from any hardware. Everyone is seperated on what the good brands are. I just know, that I've only had luck with D-Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom