Wireless Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1234

Beta member
Hello,

I got a toshiba satellite computer as a gift and I use it through my cable and sometimes I get a message there is a wireless connection available but I am not sure what it is? I am thinking of getting a wireless connection and connect my pc and laptop but I am not sure whast kind of hardware do I need. I checked network adapter and there are two one for lan and wireless adapters. If someone could please let me know what hardware do I need for a wireless connection through my cable I would appreciate. Thank you very much.

OK, Thanks for posting mike, welcome to TF.

It seems like your Toshiba laptop has an integrated wireless card in it. (Built In)

Whenever you get that message "wireless connection available" windows is telling you that somewhere around you a wireless network is active.

If you want to have the option of going wireless with your broadband, you will need a wireless dsl/cable router.

I highly recommend linksys, they are very simple to setup and tend to work fine for long periods of time. If you want more info you can check out that link. Once you make a decision, you can go to the 'Tips' in the networking section for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom