Wireless & Gaming (Pinging out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
Hey, im having a weird problem here im not sure if its the wireless router or not.. but whenever im on call of duty (the first one).. i play online i do some killing :D but randomly i ping out "999" now and again then goes back to normal... keeps doing this every.. 2 minutes or something its very annoying when your trying to aim at someone then you get 999 ping and you get shot LOL :(

Im on windows XP.. but was wondering if it would do this on Vista?

Im on Cable modem (Virgin media)

and Wireless router is Belkin Wireless G Router F5D7230 54Mbps... perhaps the wireless router sucks?

my settings on wireless:

WirelessSETTINGS.jpg

this doesn't happen outside of call of duty?

do you have any b devices connecting to the router? if no, disable mixed mode?

is extend range needed?

is turbo mode needed?

you could attach the modem directly to your computer to see if the router is cauing the issue.

I had to disable "QoS Packet Scheduler" on my connection as it would for 5-10 seconds kill my internet lagging me out of games. I have more than one other wireless connection sharing my connection though.

I think it might be the router suppose it cant handle to much data LOOL!

its more likely that the isp or game server has a bottleneck issue.

you can confirm this by attaching your modem directly to your computer.

you could also try updating the firmware on the router and /or performing a factory reset.

it could still be a hardware issue but i'd think you'd exerperiencing using other applications. like viewing streaming videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom