wireless game adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
Does anyone know any guides or sites that show you how to make you own wireless-g game adapter? I want to make one like the linksys wireless-g game adapter but i want to make my own since it costs about 90 bucks. And is there anyway to make it have 2 ports with 2 different ip addresses so i can play online with 2 different ps2s at the same time?

If you already have a wireless router, you can accomplish this by getting an additional router (or an AP and switch) and connect the 2 PS2's to the 2nd router (or switch, then switch to AP) and configure the devices to bridge the network...

I am not sure what you mean by 'building your own'.... if you are referring to getting some diodes, PCB's, etc. etc, then I can say that you are going to exceed the $90, as it will cost money for the components, and plus all the time you will spending assembling it.

So i can just hook up a wireless router in my basement(the dsl modem and 1st router are upstairs), then i just plug in my ps2 and it will work? I thought i would have to set up the second router, and I thought it had to have a network cable so it can recieve signal?

Well..... A wireless repeator is what you need for this setup (read all of it please).

YES, you can plug the PS2's into a second router to get them to connect to the internet...

YES, you will need to CONFIGURE the second router so that both routers will communicate, and the PS2's will have internet access...

NO, you will NOT need to have a cable connecting the router's together, as they will connunicate wirelessly

YES, (obviously) you will need cable to connct the PS2's to the second router.

HERE is a Tutorial on configuring Linksys hardware for the task you want.

So do I have to use the WAP54G, or can I use the WRT54G as an access point too? Just set it as I would the WAP54G, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom