wireless fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakta

In Runtime
okay set aside the sarcastic title here's the information:

Despite disliking wireless intensely i decided to have another stab at converting my bedroom pc's to wireless in order to eliminate the thick cable trailing across the floor and down the bannister to my router downstairs. I used to have wireless before and it was nothing but trouble so Id used a cable since (which works perfectly).

Wireless has word great for about a week, but now WZC won't allow me to connect to my router, it detects it without any problems but will not allow me to connect. to be specific, i get a tooltip up saying there are wireless networks available, i then click into the WZC dialog and there is my router with a mid-high signal. I then type in the wep key and press okay. The dialog dissapears. Nothing seems to happen except a few seconds later i get another tooltip saying that the wireless network is unavailable.

Ive ehard WZC can be a pain so i grabbed a copy of entstumbler and used it, it detected my router instantly though it reports it as going offline and comming back online very fast and erratic, so i think its safe to say the problems at my routers end. Any suggestions? what channel i should use? Whether to force g mode, power settings etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom