Wireless connection constant disconnect. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Wireless connection constant disconnect.

Hi everyone,

So my tech knowledge doesn't extend to networking issues, and I could use some help.

I am in a home with six computers, two of them hard-lined, as well as two Nintendo Wii's.

The hard-lined computers tend to pretty much never have disconnect issues, but anything running wirelessly has intermittent disconnects: both of the Wii's when running Netflix, both laptops when running Netflix, and two different desktops, especially when gaming.

Sometimes the disconnect lasts for a few seconds, and at other times my PC won't connect for approx one minute, even though the wireless network is visible.

These disconnects happen regardless of the quality of the wireless signal.

For reference, we have a Zyxel P600 series wireless router, and our Provider is Sierra Tel, a small town monopoly. My PC, as well as my wife's, are using TP-Link WN822N's to connect to our network. The router has been tinkered with my our Provider, in such a way that only they can access its settings.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
Closed Thread