WIRELESS CONNECT PROBLEMS - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default WIRELESS CONNECT PROBLEMS

I got a Panasonic Let's Note series laptop. It's the Japanese version of the Toughbook. I have had it for about 5 years and originally installed Windows XP English into it.

A few weeks ago, I couldn't get my wireless connection to work at home. I tried it away from home and had the same problem. An error message -- something about a supplicant problem -- kept popping up everytime I tired to connect. A computer tech guy checked it and told me that my wireless card was not functioning. He suggested I get a wireless adapter. I went on Ebay and bought an LB-LINK Wireless USB Adapter (150Mbps). I installed the software and got it to work -- at a computer shop. In fact, I got it to work at 2 different computer shops I have visited in the past couple of days. However, at home and where I am currently take a course (my school), I am unable to hold my Internet connection for more than a few seconds before it disconnects.

Can anyone suggest anything? Obviously, I don't want to have to go out and buy another wireless adapter. The laptop WILL work when hardwired into my LAN at home. I would like to be able to take it with me -- at least for now so I can get my other laptop serviced (it has a problem with its heat sink and possibly CPU fan).

THANKS!