Wireless cards, cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
OK, let me start this by admiting I know very little about wireless, I have set up a few home wireless networks, so if I sound like an ID10T then it's because I am.
If I have a laptop with a wireless card from Cingular, (my cell provider, they suck by the way) will I get an internet connection anywhere I have cell service? I am also assuming I'll be paying through the nose as well. My reasoning is I am on call 24/7 and sometimes need to VPN to the facility and reset a password or some other mindless task. It really sucks to have to go home to do this and if I can find a better way, I am all for it as long as it doesn't bleed me financially. I can carry a lappy around pretty much anywhere, and they will give me a Blackberry, but it will be useless for what I would need to do. The corporate IT guys said it would be slower than a 14.4 dial up connection and the VPN would time out before it would connect.

I am not familiar with the Cingular wireless data service, but I would suspect that if you have cell service, your wireless laptop card SHOULD be able to connect...

i LOVE my Cingular service... haven't had any issues with it, aside from phones that stopped working... leave it to my lady to drop them in the crock pot, or oven, and whatever else she has done... lol.. other than that, service is wonderful compared to others we have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom