Wireless card craping out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZJ_Cowboy

Beta member
For the past week I have been noticing a reoccuring problem with my internet browsing. When I go through a Forum and look at pictures they come up different colors, or cut, or just really screwed up. Its Kinda hard to explain. Then sometimes the HTML code shows up instead of the site. Now this isnt a Forum dependent problem. It happens on regular sites as well. I tried to re-install the wireless card along with un-installing some of my Fire walls. All I have now is Macafee suite. The wireless card is also a "el cheapo" brand. ZyXEL I believe. I also have a High Gain Att. Could the wireless card going out give me problems with viewing web pages and rendering pics?

Have you installed any thing in your pc recently?

Also, try and perform a System Restore to an date/time earlier than the appearance of the said problem and see if it works
(Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore)

If you had just reinstalled your OS, it could be that you've missed out the graphic card driver. Just install it with the Driver CD that comes with the graphic card OR download it from the card manufacturer's website.

what browser are you using? my first port of call would be to rule out a hardware problem or not by experimenting with another web broswer

Im using Firefox. But the problem also happens in IE. Ive tried reseatting the card, that didnt work. But I will try the graphics card drivers. I havnt installed anything new or different then before. A new case but that doesnt matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom