The Wireless Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonblade

Solid State Member
Ok I love wireless, If I can get it wireless I'll use it

Here's my delema, I got two D-link DWA-130 Wireless USB Dongles and I love them to death, but here's my problem, I can't get them to work in a homegroup setting for the worth of anything on windows 7.

I want to be wireless so my question is, should I give them another chance for other uses or they no good and I should pick up myself some wireless PCI cards?

(also I don't know if I can relate this but I want to get a wireless print server so all my printers can be shared, but how do I go about making all of them wireless so I have them where I want them and not all in one spot?)

Could that be a settings issue for the homegroup? I don't know 7, but if the device works fine normally but not in homegroup, it probably is a settings issue.

If you want to make your printers wireless they either need to be wireless in the first place and you connect them to your network via cabling or Wi-Fi OR your connect them to your computer then share them on the network.

I've tried several options, Calling them to no avail, I've tryed just letting 7 install it's owner driver set and let it update a nessicerry, I've tryed downloading the latest drivers off the website but all to no luck.

You are right, I have no issues with the devices themselves, but I do have that homegroup issue. Which I need to figure out how to get fixed before my folks are ready to order the parts for their new computer. My mother, a near clean freak... Not a neat freak, but she loves things tidy, so everything, and I mean everything is wireless. The only thing that won't be at this point is the monitor. Anything else will be. And I can't stand the thought of buying another Harddrive just for her PC when I can have it share my enternal (thats on a different floor in the house).

I'm not trying to make agruement here. Just thoroughly explaining what the situation is. No piont in spending money if it can't be fixed. Right?

I'm letting windows install the right drivers, The device automatically turns on and is network ready from that point on.

I'm not understanding as to why the USB dongle fails to use homegroup but yet the network is still in an operational state.

Even the several computer stores don't understand it.

I'm willing to use a PCI card if that's what it takes to make this wireless.

In short, the ultimate goal is to make my entire house wireless and have homegroup/network support no matter where I or the computer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom