Wireless adapter receive signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbmcfarlane

Solid State Member
I was wondering if there's a way to have a wireless router recieve a signal like a wireless adapter. i tried to plug the router into my ethernet adapter and have it receive the signal from my wirless adapter that is connected to my router by bridging the connection. i dont know if this makes any sense or not.

Basically i just wanna use my router as a wireless adapter that i can plug into my xbox. the only way i can think of is if the router can recevie a signal from my other router witch is connected to the modem.

the second router would be an access point, google it. If you have a computer with both a wireless card and an Ethernet card, that would also work.

Just setup 2 routers, one for xbox and one for PC's, 1 router behind the other, one serves as router with DHCP, other is static addressed from 1st router and serves only as an AP.

Google the how to xbox network with 2 routers type thing...I found a great guide before for a friend.

I looked on google and read a bunch of forums and i still cant figure out how to use a router as a wireless adapter. I basically I just want to bridge the two routers without using an ethernet cord. If anybody knows where there is a guide on how to do this i would be grate full. thx

watcha gotta do is fliippy the fliddy floppy and turn the do hickey up to ftp file transfer then solder a 12v wire to the attena, then tap it once with a hammer and then buy a new computer!! its what i did...

Trying to bridge 2 wireless routers without a cable...? I have 2 routers bridged one behind the other, but one is an AP and one's a host DHCP for all our connection points...but they're strung by a regular CAT 5 cable, port to port.

I didn't think you could bridge 2 wireless routers...wirelessly...with no cable...last time I read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom