wireless ad-hoc connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

demooseus

Solid State Member
i want to connect a lap top as a wireless ad hoc connection to a desktop.the whole wireless thing throws me completely though,and i appologise for being a bit 'thick'.can i configure these as an adhoc connection with two wireless usb adapters-as this seems the simplest option to me.i have account with ntl,and was told that this would make connection through router difficult.
thanx

I had an ad-hoc connection for quite a while, but eventually went to using a Wireless Access Point to share my DSL connection. I'm not sure I understand about why having NTL would make having a home wireless network difficiult. At these NTL sites, they talk about the Actiontec and a Linksys wireless solutions they offer. The Actiontec package sounds more basic, and it's only for two computers, but still wireless. It looks like it is probably easier to set up. The Linksys package appears to allow more computers to share at one time, but it requires a bit more work. It looks to me like NTL has already given this a bit of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom