Wireless Access Point Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

didi

Daemon Poster
Im having below problem on 2 different wireless access point.

AP1 connection
ADSL modem ( 1 RJ45 only )--> Linksys Wireless Access Point ( 1 RJ45 only ) --> all PCs in company ( Linksys USB wireless adapter )
*all computers connected to above wireless network able to access internet but cant do wireless printing...

AP2 connection
Allied Telesync Access Point ( 1 RJ45 only )--> Toshiba Multi Functional Printer ( 1 RJ45 only )

*All computers connected to this wireless network able to do wireless printing but can online...

Is there anyway to configure Allied access point, join it to linksys access point, where customer only need to join to 1 wireless network and can have internet connection and wireless printing at the same time ?

pending on the models, you can try to connect them as either Master/Client or Bridged
however, i know linksys usually requires the same two models to do Bridged/Repeater mode, not sure about Master/Client.
what models do you have?

as well, i highly suggest a router between your ADSL and Linksys.

I would have to guess that the modem is doing NAT, otherwise there is no way you will get all the pc's online at the same time, unless you purchased a large block of public IP addresses from the ISP.

The only way you can do this, is to have a single network. Right now, from the sound of it you have 2 entirely SEPARATE networks. One where the AP is connected ONLY to the ISP, and the other where the AP is connected to ONLY the printer or print server....

What you will want to do, as CntdwnToExtn mentioned, is get a router. Have the router between the DSL modem and an AP, then connect the printer or print server to the router. That way, everything will be on the same network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom