Wireless 802.11g/b questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
Wireless 802.11g

first off..all my pcs get knock offline at some point every day for either 10 min or 20 sec..also is there anything i could download to boost my mbps and my signal strength or any settings that i should check and also what would you suggest i buy if nothing else works what kind of booster to help this out half the time our signals are low and the mbps speed is only 11...please help dont know much about wireless know more then the average about pcs..i just know it shouldnt be this hard to set this all up to work perfect..thanks in advance

heres some settings copied and past from my setup

Host Name: Host and Domain settings may be required by your ISP.
Domain Name:
Connection Type:Dynamic ip setting - Select the type of connection you have to the Internet.

Mode: 11 g only
Domain: FCC
Channel: 6
SSID: viewsonic SSID Broadcast: enable
Security: Enable Disable

DHCP Server:

Maximum Number of DHCP Users: 50

Client Lease Time: 0 Minutes (0 means one day)

Mode: 11g Only
Channel: 6
SSID: viewsonic
Encryption Function: Disabled

Authentication Type: auto
(Default: Auto)

Transmit Rate: auto
(Default: Auto)

Burst Mode: on

Beacon Interval: 100
(Default: 100, Milliseconds, Range: 1 - 65535)

DTIM Interval: 1
(Default: 1, Range: 1 - 255)

RTS Threshold: 2346
(Default: 2346, Range: 0 - 2346)

Fragmentation Threshold: 2346
(Default: 2346, Range: 256 - 2346)

Operating Mode:
* Access Point (Default Selection)

Wireless Bridge

I think..

That you have some problem with your wireless connection.
How many computers do you have?
If the lost of connection happens to all of them, it seem like one of the next to options :
First, maybe you have some malfunction in your wireless router, try to check it up.
Second, maybe your router is located in a bad cover zone, like between thik walls. try to change its location and see what happens.

John

Re: I think..

simplejohn said:
First, maybe you have some malfunction in your wireless router, try to check it up.

prolly should perform a factory reset and update drivers/firmware before buying another device. but if you have another device handy, swap it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom