Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gianmbaio

Beta member
Whats up guys? I have a quick question regarding my connection.

I have the highest speed comcast offers. (I think it's 8 gbps) correct me if im wrong. The modem is the comcast stock modem (Terayon TJ 715x). I just purchased a Netgear Rangemax Wireless router (WPN824 v2). My internet is still slow. I have 4 laptops running to this router wirelessly. Only 2 laptops are used often. I dont understand why I can't get my speed to go faster. Do I need a new modem? or maybe router? Please share your knowledge with me I would highly appreciate the help!! Thanks!

Gianmbaio said:
Whats up guys? I have a quick question regarding my connection.

I have the highest speed comcast offers. (I think it's 8 gbps) correct me if im wrong. The modem is the comcast stock modem (Terayon TJ 715x). I just purchased a Netgear Rangemax Wireless router (WPN824 v2). My internet is still slow. I have 4 laptops running to this router wirelessly. Only 2 laptops are used often. I dont understand why I can't get my speed to go faster. Do I need a new modem? or maybe router? Please share your knowledge with me I would highly appreciate the help!! Thanks!

I doubt its 8 gbps, most likely 8 mbps. The advertised speed is NOT what you auctually get. My family pays for 4 mbps and we only get 2.8ish. It all depends on how many other people in your area subscribe to the same service. The more people, the slower it gets.

Call your ISP and make sure its not a broken modem though. It is very unlikely that the problem is with the router.

what speed are you getting? you should normally get less then 90% of the advertised speed and if its below 80% thats when I would start worrying.
Give us a shout if thats the case.will try to resolve your problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom