Wired and cant connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

novaA

Beta member
So I wanted to know if you guys could help me:
I'm a college student, ( I know... just here me out), and starting this semester the school, or rather the IT guys, changed how the network works. How they changed it, I don't know, A friend of mine in the devision said "Traffic Bending" if that means anything, but the real implications of this is that torrents are blocked. I'm not asking how to get around that, I don't care. But, what I do care about is other programs like AIM, Skype, and also other online games are slow or don't connect and the games cant download patches or install from the internet. ie: I tried downloading league of legends (LOL) a Free to play MMO and I cant. Same thing for Starcraft 2 off battle.net. I have tried talking with the network people and they said they "fixed" it but I still cant connect to anything, is there anything else I could do?
Thanks

Hate to say it but there's nothing we can really do here beyond checking you are fully on DHCP and
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

You need to ask the IT guys if the services you are trying to access are actually blocked intentionally, if this is the case there's nothing we can do to help you circumvent this block (it would be against our rules).

If, on the other hand, this is just a case of something being configured incorrectly on your side then you need to ask them how it should be done. If it turns out to be them then you need to get them to sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom