wire/wireless conenction

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
i have a laptop user who's having problem with wireless conenction. she can connect to wireless network only when she plugs out the wired DSL connection. when wired DSL connection is plugged in, wireless connection doesn't find any network even tho there are a few.
she's on WinXp-sp2 and firewall is diabled.

the problem that concerns her is that she can't connect to any wireless network while she's on a trip. her system doesn't recognize the wireless card.

she's located in another office from me so i can only troubleshoot via RDC therefore, she has to leave her wired connection (DSL) on, which doesn't allow any wireless connection to be made.

Um, it probably is defaulting to the hardline vice the wireless if she leaves it plugged in and is trying to use wireless signal instead. Check the configuration settings.

First , if the notebook is not recognising the wi fi card, she will have to address that issue first. She will need to take the card out and find the manufacturer , go to their web site and DL the drivers to the card. What is the make and model of the notebook, alot of notebooks have built in wi fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom