Windows XP Home blocks LAN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. have you tried to test you connectivity? Open your command (cmd) prompt. Try pinging something. Try pinging www.google.com. If that doesn't work try IP 216.239.39.99. If that works try a "tracert www.google.com". If it doesn't work do a "ipconfig /all" and tell me what happens.

XP Home same problem w/ lan block

I have a desktop running Windows xp home, with same identical symptoms. I've swapped nic cards, cables, reloaded drivers, I just can't get connected to the router, yet when I unplug the ethernet cable from the desktop into my laptop, bingo! it's works! I really don't want to do a xp reload. Help!

Have you checked with your provider.To see if everything is OK with your account. Just a long shot

why would an isp be involved? I can't get to the router with the desktop. Sorry, don't see the connection here.

In a similar instance that you speak on,, and there is a lot of great info here, however,, have you considered that the cable modem unit is fried,,,

I have rogers, and i went through a 4 day period of pulling hair trying to figure out a similar issue with my PC's at home,,

turns out the Modem was fried and it was dropping the connection every 20 mins,, I had to reboot continuously, both modem and PC,,,

Pain in the A$$,,,,

In the end the cable guy brought me a new modem ,, and for $50 bucks gave me unlimited free cable,, *( heh heh, just kidding,, just reminded myself of CABLEGUY the movie,, when Matt broderick offers money to Jim Carey to "FIX" his cable),,,

cheers,

I have corrected the problem!

I did not think to try this before, but I went and did a System Restore (turns out the day before things went bad, the system had a restore in place). Hallelujah, it's working again! Thanks to all trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom