Windows Server 2008

Slacker

Slacking Guru
Ok this might be a simple question..

I am trying to setup a server role for DHCP but it says it does not recognize the server... am I missing a step? I attempted searching but all of the steps skip right by where I am able to go.. After I select DHCP Server Role and click next is when I get the error! :mad:

Is the role already installed and just not authorized?

If you expand roles do you see anything? You are right, you should just be able to right click roles and select add. Select DHCP and it will walk you through the process.

Since you are getting an error before even configuring you either:
1. Do not have permissions, are you a domain admin?
2. Is the role already installed?

Yes, the computer should be a part of a parent domain. It doesn't have to be a domain controller but should be part of a domain. During the initial setup you have to select a parent domain if the server isn't already part of a domain.

I did put a fake domain on a test machine and it installed dhcp successfully.

Give me the specific error. You may not have permission.

Will let you know later today! I think the error was an OE. I had not setup the domain yet. Thanks for all of the help!

Must have been an OE... I went back yesterday day and started over.. did not run into the issues I had before setup DHCP, Domain and AD... Thanks for looking out!

Typed up my paper and submitted it... only to realize I had not submitted all of my naming conventions! <<<OE

Back
Top Bottom