Windows 7 X64 to XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello.. I have a couple of "Mapped Network Drives" on my Windows 7 Computer that go to a Xp Pro machine hooked into my network.. I've been having this problem for awhile now. When I click on the network drive, it asks for credentials and I correctly enter them and select "Remember my Credentials" and It lets me access the drive. When I restart the computer and access the network share again, it says I have incorrectly entered the user name and password and I have to re enter it everytime I want to access the drive. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

write a batch script to connect to the share at each login. you would need to add a net use commmand with the correct parameters and the nopersist switch.

what build of win7? is it the rc? is there a rtm?

Could you give me a pointer or show me a reference to write a batch script for what I need?

Also, I am running full Windows 7 Professional X64, No RC.

Thanks

Ok, this is what I have to far.

Rem Batch File for user Brandon
NET USE Q: \\OPERATIONS-PC\My Passport\Software
NET USE S: \\DOWNSTAIRS\Dad
NET USE T: \\DOWNSTAIRS\Kodak Pictures on Dad

I got the script off of a website, and saved it as a batch file. Went into Computer Management and then went to User and Groups and clicked on my name and then set the login script as C:\Users\Brandon\Desktop\Brandon.bat being that the batch file is located on my desktop. I logged off and logged back in, but I dont think it ran the script.. I manually clicked on the Batch file on the desktop and CMD came up and said I have the wrong username and password.. Is there anyway I can incorporate that into my batch file? Could someone give me my completed batch file where I put a username and password in?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom