windows 2003 and DNS questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Sry, but im back with some unanswered questions, :D. Il try and explain as well as i can.

I have domain at 1and1.com. the domain i have (wnxguild.com) forwards to a sub domain which is automatically updated by dyndns for my dynamic ip (toast.dnsalias.net).

On windows 2003, i have an active directory in a domain controller in a domain forest. the domain name i chose on server was wnxguild.com. Right now, i reset the default DNS settings on my domain registrar (1and1.com) to use their name servers, and A/MX records. What i want to do is use my own name servers. This is were the problem comes. Im not shur what to use for that, as in what IPs and such. First of all, to create NS, all i need to do is create them in the domain which is in the forward lookup zones right? So i create ns1.wnxguild.com and ns2.wnxguild.com But what IPs do i need to use? My ISP provide 1 dynamic internet IP, but in the router settings, i also see 2 static DNS IPs, what are they for? and what can i use them for?

And finally, a quik question about the web server. I got my site on it, and all, but when i try to go to it, it prompts for a user/pass. Iv looked through all settings but cant find why.

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom