Windows 2000 server "invalid signature" & dns problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

louuu

Solid State Member
I have a win2k domaincontroller, and recently encountered problems joining a windows xp machine to the domain. THe DHCP settings are correct, i can ping the server, but i cant resolve the domain controllers name. So there may be a DNS problem or for some reason I cant add this machine! it says the domain name isnt found.

I also have a few constant errors in the log

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NTDS Inter-site Messaging
Event Category: Inter-Site Messaging
Event ID: 1373
Date: 1/21/2004
Time: 11:11:06 AM
User: N/A
Computer: DRAKESRV
Description:
The query for messages for service NTDS Replication via transport CN=SMTP,CN=Inter-Site Transports,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=drake,DC=drake,DC=com failed with the following status:

Invalid Signature.

Event Type: Warning
Event ID: 1409
Description:
The Inter-Site Messaging Service SMTP Transport plug-in could not send a message because no mail transport is installed. Please install a mail transport, such as the SMTP Service. The operation will be retried.

Event ID: 1657
Description:
The Inter-Site Messaging Service requested an ADSI Get Object function for namespace object IIS://LocalHost/SMTPSVC/1/Domain. The operation failed with the following message:

Invalid Signature.

Please check that the service providing that portion of the namespace is installed and running. For example, if the namespace is 'IIS:', please verify that the IIS service is running. It is possible that the DLL component providing that portion of the ADSI namespace is missing or corrupt. If the problem persists, you may want to reinstall the Windows component containing that service.

ack!

any suggestions? eventid.net and microsofts site arent helping

its on use netbios setting from dhcp server..
(i never set that up on the dhcp options however)
should i just enable netbios over tcpip?

and just add the domain controllers ip as the primary wins server? or leave that blank? thanks so much

yeah, left it blank , rebooted, still no go. Its weird the computer can access the internet and everything except for the domain

Event Source: NTDS KCC
Event Category: Knowledge Consistency Checker
Event ID: 1091
Time: 8:13:46 PM
Description:
The ntdsConnection object CN=DRAKESRV,CN=NTDS Settings,CN=DRAKESRV,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=drake,DC=drake,DC=com dictates that the local server should replicate from itself. This is not a valid configuration and will be ignored. Please use the Active Directory Sites and Services Manager to modify or delete this object.

all the old clients work fine with the domain controller, its just these two new ones.. something is wrong cant figure it out tho. ive been reading so much with no progress

Interesting....
Try going into a cmd prompt and typing:

"netdom reset ComputerName /domain:DomainName"

Where the computername is the XP machine

-Mike

Geeez.....smiley faces......*sigh*
Just click the quote button on my post to view the proper syntax.

LOL!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom