Winchat on a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

skateforjondoe

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am trying to use winchat to talk from my computer to my sisters...although it was not successful, i have tried enabling network dde on each computer and it still doesn't work. and i have tried having winchat open on each computer and still doesn't work...i'm not sure if the firewall matters but i will say mine and my sisters...mcaffee and mine pc cillin something... could someone please help me.

Also i would like to know how to winchat with the whole network at the same time...example, i could talk to each computer on the network with posting one message, not 1 for each computer(too much of a hassle)

someone please help!!!

MS's winchat kb how to

Chat Overview
You can use Windows Chat on your computer to communicate with someone on another computer. Both computers must be connected to the same network (for example, a local area network [LAN] or the Internet). Also, each computer must be running a similar protocol, such as TCP/IP.

Chat is interactive. You see a reply to your messages as the other person types it. The Chat window is separated into two panes: one contains the messages you send, and the other contains the messages you receive.

3rd party setup tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom