WiFi repeater - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: WiFi repeater

Glad to help

Old 11-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

So far so good! Everyone still connected :-)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

craigfoot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hi, just joined this forum so I could ask you guys a question.

I have an Aldi Repeater, model WLR-755 AC and I have the same problem.

Questions: When you change the Repeater's IP do you want it to be the SAME as the Router, or make sure it's different?

Also, should I set the repeater to static or not?

And, how do I set my computer IP? (I don't want to screw it up.) I'm running a Dell laptop with WIN 10.

I have a problem where my cell phone will connect, and my tablet will connect but my main computer and TVs won't. Or, if they do connect there is no internet.

Thanks!
wingman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Night Ninja

Answers below in bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman55 View Post
Hi, just joined this forum so I could ask you guys a question.

I have an Aldi Repeater, model WLR-755 AC and I have the same problem.

Questions: When you change the Repeater's IP do you want it to be the SAME as the Router, or make sure it's different? Make sure it's different. If you assign the same IP address to multiple devices, it's like two kids in a classroom trying to sit in the same seat. It will cause a conflict.

Also, should I set the repeater to static or not? Yes. You want to minimize issues and conflicts on your network. Set the device as a static and then use your router to assign that IP to that device as well.

And, how do I set my computer IP? (I don't want to screw it up.) I'm running a Dell laptop with WIN 10. You don't have to setup your computer with a static IP address, but you can if you want. Link for Windows 10 static IP instructions are here: https://portforward.com/networking/s...windows-10.htm

I have a problem where my cell phone will connect, and my tablet will connect but my main computer and TVs won't. Or, if they do connect there is no internet. Are they connecting to this new extender? Or to the main router? Depending on if you have the extender setup correctly or not will most likely answer the issues for this part.

Thanks!