wifi prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

midniter

Solid State Member
Let me be honest i duno the difference between wi-fi and wireless. I hope its the same thing. Anyway my prob is i downgraded from Vista to XP and now i cannot get the icon for wireless connections at the bottom-right of the screen.

i was wondering if i will be able to connect to a wifi hotspot or any existing internet connection close to me.

any help will be appreciated....thx

I believe during the dowgrading process i have lost the driver for wifi or something like that..

anyway my system specs are : Toshiba s4747... Windows XP...

thx bro

im not that good with computer stuff...i went to the website and the wifi driver they have is for vista only. I dunt see one for XP. Is it ok to still download it and run it.... wots the worst that can happen ? Are my system files gone get messed up ?

Hello,

I would not download the Vista drivers for XP. They wont be compatible. You will have to find drivers for XP in order for them to work correctly. Installing the Vista drivers could cause Blue Screen of Death's among many other issues. You could end up losing some data cause you might not be able to access the system to undo the driver install.

Cheers,
Mak

Actually bro before i even read ur reply I tried to install the Vista wifi driver on my XP system... needless to say it didnt work and thank GOD my system is unchanged...Altho i was trying to figure out how to undo any damage i did... i dun even know where to start.

Any ideas where i can find the XP wifi driver for my system...Toshiba website dont have any for Xp

Hello,

If the Toshiba site doesnt have them then you have to find out the wifi card make and model and go to that site to see if they have them.

Cheers,
Mak

Laptop components are customized for the particular laptop model and manufacturer. You can try searching various driver sites for generic adapter drivers based on your wireless adapter's chipset, but there's no guarantee they will work.

This is why downgrading isn't always a positive experience.

Actually bro before i even read ur reply I tried to install the Vista wifi driver on my XP system... needless to say it didnt work and thank GOD my system is unchanged...Altho i was trying to figure out how to undo any damage i did... i dun even know where to start.

Any ideas where i can find the XP wifi driver for my system...Toshiba website dont have any for Xp

What is your laptop model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom